For anyone who is a “chick flick” aficionado you know about the movie “Under the Tuscan Sun” based on Frances Mayes’ book. I was privileged to meet Frances last week (gave her a copy of my book!!) and taste her new line of wines from the Tuscany region. While I have to stay true to my Colorado wines, I did want you to know about these new wines making their debut in the Denver area.
Here is some info….Denver-based Curious Cork Imports has partnered with Frances Mayes, the bestselling author of “Under the Tuscan Sun,” to create Tuscan Sun Wines, which bring Mayes’ magic touch to the world of wine. Comprised of seven exquisite wines produced in Italy and around Tuscany and hand selected by Mayes herself, each Tuscan Sun Wine embodies a different concept that touches on the Tuscan lifestyle. The wines were launched in Cortona, Italy, in July and make their U.S. debut today.
“These wines bring to life a sense of wonder through simple joysthat my life in Italy has given me,” said Mayes. “I hope that by bringing them home to the U.S. that everyone can share a taste of the many pleasures I’ve enjoyed in Italy.”
The Tuscan Sun Wines include four reds and two whites. A Prosecco is scheduled to join the lineup in 2014. Each wine has an Italian name and an English translation and each showcases the unmistakable vision of Frances Mayes that has become an international phenomenon since the publication of Under the Tuscan Sun:
· Pensiero (A little gift) 100% Pinot Grigio, IGT Vignetti Delle Dolimiti
· Abbraccio (An embrace) 45% Trebbiano, 35% Chardonnay, 20% Grechetto, IGT Toscana
· Sentiero alla Casa (Path to the house) 60% Sangiovese, 20% Montepulciano, 20% Ciliegiolo, IGT Toscana
· Permesso (May I come in?) 100% Cabernet Sauvignon, IGT Delle Venezie
· Tondo Tondo (Just perfect) 100% Sangiovese, IGT Toscana
· Auguri (My best to you) 80% Sangiovese, 10% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Merlot, IGT Toscana
· Toccare le Stelle (Touch the stars) 100% DOC Prosecco – coming in 2014Read more →